Did you move to Howard County, MD and need to Register Your Student to Attend EMMS?

Mon, 03/06/2017 - 4:13pm

Familes with students currently enrolled in a HCPSS, do not have to preregister their child/children for the next school year, even if they are moving to a next level in school (ES, MS, HS). Current students are automatically enrolled into the next school year in the school where they are districted to attend. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Rice in Student Services at 410-313-2844.

Need to figure out which school your address is slated to attend? Click here.

The process for registration now starts ONLINE.

If your student is new to the Howard County Public School System, CLICK HERE TO START TO PROCESS. Please be sure that you select the correct school year (i.e., if you are coming into EMMS in September 2019 - make sure to select the 2019-2020 school year).

Frequently Asked Questions regarding enrollment.

To automatically download complete instructions, CLICK HERE.

  • Required documents include:

    • Parent/guardian identification

    • Lease or deed

    • Utility bill

    • Student evidence of birth

    • Proof of parental/guardian relationship

    • Proof of immunizations

    • Special Education or related services documents (if applicable)

Once you have completed the online process, you will be contacted to set up a time to come in and complete the enrollment (please do not call EMMS Student Services). At your appointment, you will need to provide any document you did not upload ahead of time, and most importantly, your photo id. You will need to complete a health survey form and complete a quick academic survey of student interests. Any family who does not have access to a computer may make an appointment with Mrs. Ellen Rice by contacting her by e-mail at ellen_rice@hcpss.org. Appointments will generally be arranged for Wednesdays during the summer. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Rice.